With Thanksgiving squarely behind us, I can now officially proclaim (without being admonished) that it’s beginning to look a lot like Chriiiiiistmas…
It’s the most wonderful (IMO) time of the year!
I’ve drafted a rough bucket list for the upcoming holiday season; including, but not limited to the following:
- Host our 9th annual Gingerbread House decorating party.
- Obtain tree, trim. Hopefully we’ll chop down a local (read: Charlie Brown) variety, lest a conifer shipped from Oregon dehydrate prematurely like last year.
- Acquire 2016 keepsake ornament, as is our family custom. (jk- we bought it already at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter last May)
- Beg, bribe, & cajole Husband to risk life installing outdoor Christmas lights, ala Clark Griswold.
- Consume copious quantities of cocoa. (I heart alliteration.)
- Belt the tunes. Girls will carol through local retirement homes with their homeschool choir.
- Procure Christmas jammies, another family tradition.
- Ice skate on an outdoor rink, preferably the pond behind our house.
- Bake goodies– or not. Instead concoct some non-glutonous confection for neighbor pals, perhaps Grandma Schafer’s Sweet Hot Mustard? (stay tuned for recipe)
- Wrap up (<–see what I did there?) shopping for the mermaid & her siblings.
- Partake of birthday cake for Jesus and read the story of His miraculous birth from the Bible.
- Exchange warm holiday greetings, courtesy of our favorite Christmas card retailer: Minted.
Minted crafted gorgeous cards for us last year, and they were hands down the best we’ve ever mailed out. You’ll recall I’m a sucker for good ol’ fashioned snail-mail, so sending cards at Christmas each year is something I never miss, it truly brings me joy.
And guess what? Not only is Minted printing my cards pro gratis again this year for a fair and honest review of their products– they’ve offered TWO of my sweet pals a $125 credit towards their own. Como say what?! Follow this link for your chance to win, I’ll do a happy dance alongside whomever is selected!
I’m fixin’ to use this sweet “Go Tell it on the Mountain” design… my much older sister and I used to belt out a soulful rendition of this favorite carol ad nauseam, to the chagrin of our step-mother. The message seems especially befitting now hailing from Montana.
Superfunbonus— I just discovered Minted also carries coordinating postage stamps to mail your cards. Mind? Blown.
So, again, follow this link specific to my personal pals for a simple, easy entry to win a $125 credit towards your holiday Minted swag! Winnner, winner, chicken dinner!
UPDATED TO INCLUDE WINNERS: Tanaya M. & Laurie T. message me to claim your $125 prize codes! Thanks to all who entered– keep in mind there are still awesome deals to be had on their site! Check it out here, and thanks again Minted!